Friday 19 December 2014

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year


April 2014, catching up by the old shed
It has been an eventful year for Empty Common Community Garden, which celebrated its first birthday in the autumn. Although it's getting a bit bare in gardens everywhere, there are still splashes of colour with red berries, variegated ivy, heather and a few flowering plants and bushes that provide winter interest.

The weather is milder than expected and this week I found a blewitt mushroom. I also had a go at making my own wreath, with greenery from my own garden.


I am planning to make something interesting with pine cones I have collected around Cambridge rather than just spraying them gold. Today I found this fun seasonal make online:


These are pine cone turkeys, courtesy of San Jose' Library. I am hoping to make a couple for our mantelpiece, one for me and one for my daughter. We are heading for a festive break and blogging will resume in January 2015.

We have ambitious plans for next year, so watch this space to see how Empty Common Garden will evolve. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. This content is very unique. Thank you for sharing this information. I liked this too much. So we offered different types of tarpaulins if you want to buy any tarpaulins like clear and canvas so please click this link. I hoped you liked my compliment. Water Resistant Tarpaulin

    ReplyDelete